Thursday, September 13, 2012

Big

Hallelujah, she's sleeping through the night! The day before yesterday was the first time Inara slept through the night without waking up at all. If you don't have kids, this may not seem like a big deal, but for me it means SLEEP! Finally, after 14 months without a full night's rest, I think I got at least seven hours before it was time to get up. For a couple of nights she would still wake up, but rather than nursing her, I rocked her back to sleep and she continued sleeping until morning. Then, one night, I guess she just felt comfortable sleeping the whole way through. The funny part was that she did that, then decided in the morning that she was completely done with breast milk, and sat down to her porridge and ate the whole thing all by herself (we usually help a little). We laughed and asked her if she was a big girl now. She nodded big, prompting more laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment