I've successfully completed two days and have to say it seems like a great place to work. Even though the tasks may not be super exciting, the positive work environment makes up for it. At this point, I haven't actually started doing any of the things I'll be doing after the eight week training period, but at least that's what I imagine. The coworkers are great and I finally got my very own office. The only downside is being away from Inara. However, she seems to be doing great at her preschool and is happy to go there. I guess also that I have pretty much zero energy when the day is done.
Inara has been learning to say so many new words in the last couple of weeks that her vocabulary is up to around 80-90 words (counting duplicates in English and Swedish) and she seems to be learning new things ever day.
Some funny things that she's doing right now:
- Going "lalalala" when she's irritated.
- Going "brrrr" and shivering as soon as she sees something cold (or sometimes warm) or gets ready to go outside.
- Stretching her arms up in the air and yelling "jaaa!" (yes) when we suggest something she's onboard with.
- Saying "mamma" in that condescending, teenager voice when I drop something or make some other embarrassing mistake.
- Hushing us and saying "tyst" (quiet) while holding a finger up first to her lips, and then in the air in our direction, when we watch kid's shows together and she thinks we're narrating too much.
Here's another picture from Christmas. Inara and grandma K. watching Rudolph the rednose reindeer. Which just happens to be where she learned to go "brrrrr."