Thursday, October 11, 2012

More

I often get the feeling that I’m not where I should be. Not in terms of a career, that’s a whole different matter, but in a more geographical sense. I love the island, but I can’t help but think about all those amazing, wonderful and beautiful mountaintops, beaches and forests out there that I could be discovering right now. My wise friend Ragnhild put it really well when she said that life's sometimes just like an endless Tuesday. I like my life, but it seems as if I’m just shuffling around in one spot and that there is more to be had. I want to live in such a way that I get to spend more time with my family than away from them, more time having fun than having obligations, and even though it's important to me to know about and take action when it comes to injustice and suffering, I want more time enjoying the beauty of the world than worrying about the negative and evil. I wonder if anyone feels that they are completely comfortable where they are at. If so, I would be very curious to find out how they got there.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment